
Been a few days since I posted again - busy busy with my Embellishing machine! I've been sampling all the things this great machine can do and so far have only got as far as using felt as a background. I always enjoyed using felt as a backing for hand needle felting so it was a natural progression for me. Of course i since notice that lots of other people like to use felt too - notably Maggie Grey who is such a big inspiration to all of us stitchers and textile people. Ive taken tons of photos since this sampling is preparation for an online class - which probably wont be available until the new year - but I have so much else going on in between that Im trying my best to be organised with it all!
Was also my birthday last weekend and I was lucky enough to have a new compact digital camera so there will be no stopping me now - and just in time for the fungus season - Im sure Im not alone in finding fungi fascinating? Will be longer walks for Amber and in places where Im likely to find interesting textures to photograph - Im sure she wont mind! The picture above shows what happened when I played with a close up of moss - still trying to learn all that programme can do - but already I can see this as a basis for an embellishing project.
Still also working on my applique/embroidered quilt which Ive promised myself will be finished before I start the C & G course. Getting there ..............
Will try to post some of the embellished pieces tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment