Monday, 24 September 2007

More Embellishing


















I mentioned yesterday what fun I was having testing out embellishing samples so here's a few pictures. This one is felt embellished with wool roving, covered with chiffon, cut up and woven then embellished again. It is amazing the different effects that can be acheived with this machine. So far no stitch on this piece - but that could change once I decide what Im going to do with it.

For this piece I decided to use cream felt as the backing as I wanted to create a softer more gentle look.


I love the way that the colours blend into the background but still give texture and interest.




I think it would make a lovely bag with some stitch and beading added.







I love this piece - lots of bits of silk scarves, silk roving, knitting yarns and stitch. My sister is really great at finding all manner of scarves for me at car boot sales so I have quite a stash to use.







Remember I said I had a new camera - well obviously it needed a pouch - so here's what I made with a piece of the above fabric. Just added a velcro closure. It feels nice as well as protecting my camera from knocks and scratches.


Lots of people ask what they can do with their samples so perhaps this will give an idea. Just cut them up and make something. The great thing about the felt backing is that it doesnt fray of course.

Hopefully get some pictures of the quilt up soon - coming along nicely now.

No comments: