Saturday, 22 March 2008

Bad Bad Me!


It has been such a long time since I posted anything at all - and after my New Year Resolution to do just that - I am disappointed with myself! Especially since its been such a busy time - for once I had lots to talk about!

So - what have I done thats been keeping me so busy I cant write a few lines? I have completed the first year of my C&G Machine Embroidery course - which has had its ups and downs - but overall I have really enjoyed the freedom of concentrating on something new. I really love working on the assessment pieces and probably get too complicated - but thats me! We have covered lots of different areas - such as gold work - which I really didnt think I liked and found that I do! And stitching on latex was definately new to me!! My first assessment piece had to be a 'functional item'. I chose to make a corset style garment - didnt I say I couldnt make things simple!?

The base fabric is made from embellished silk dupion with added strips of silk scarves and then hours of free machine stitching. I loved making it and it kind of set the standard for my other pieces. The next piece is the 'metre piece'. We have to make a piece of fabric at least one metre in length in one direction. I have concentrated on the woodland floor with lots of texture and lichens and fungus. I will share a picture very soon.







No comments: