Saturday, 13 October 2007

Tidying up loose ends ..........

I'll begin today with saying Thanks so Much to Allbear for your lovely comments about me leaving the bear world. I haven't seen TBS yet - must go get a copy. Kathy has always been supportive of my work - right to the end it seems! I will be there in spirit if not in body and I wish you all every success.

Only two weeks - well in fact less than that now - before my C & G course starts and Im excited to say the least. Have been madly trying to tidy up all the loose ends and unfinished projects so I have an almost completely clear slate - not that its ever likely I will catch up with everything - but I am making progress.






After several months of intermitted work I have at last completed my quilt. It was a huge learning curve as its the first quilt I ever made - but I really really enjoyed it especially towards the end when it was all coming together.

It has nothing to do with my upcoming course where the work will be completely different and experimental - but I still love this type of machine embroidery too.

Have also started another C & G course in the past few weeks - its a preparing to teach course which is required when working in the Adult Learning Sector. Has been a bit hard slog at times trying to take in all the acronyms but Im beginning to get there and see how it will benefit my teaching and therefore hopefully also my students. Lots of theory and reading at the moment


Those that know me well will know that when Im not stitching I love to garden. Its all looking a bit green at this time of year but still full of birds and there are some interesting bits that are worth a look. This view from lower down the garden shows just how green it all is but take a look at these fab pink nerines - they are enough to brighten any garden and do it regularly every year with no fuss at all.











The colour is even more striking when you see them in the flesh - more Barbie than bashful!



One last picture for today - and here she is............


Looking a bit grey now shes ten - but doing pretty good for an oldie. She still thinks shes a five year old - but needs considerably less excercise now!



Have a nice free afternoon now so will make the most of it and go stitch!!
















2 comments:

All Bear by Paula said...

Kathy is certainly a dedicated proponent of quality bear craft, I have much to thank her for too.

The quilt is beautiful Janet - I love the colourway. Will look forward to seeing more of your photographs as your new works come to life. Your blog is off to a great start! Paula.

Sarah said...

Hi Janet

Was very sad to hear you had moved on to new horizons. I always saw you up there with the greatest bear artists and will miss seeing your new creations. But.....life is ever changing and by the looks of things you will excel in your new venture as you did with your outstanding bears.

All the best and Merry Christmas.

Hugs, Sarah x